So, as many of you may know, I am not only a mommy, blogger, diaper-sewer, business owner, and volunteer. . . I also take full time online classes.
Yeah, I know. I’m a crazy person. I hear it all the time.
But check it out. . . I’ve made two As this semester. What up!? *patting self on back*
Enough of the bragging (but I had to get it out!) . . . but really, I was so happy to see that I had earned As for my Public Health classes this semester.
I’ve still got a Biology class going on through the end of January, and a new Social Problems 8 week Sociology class that just started today.
So, I’m hoping for some more As. . . I think I’d scream and jump for joy if I made all As this semester.
How do I Do it?
The main question I get when I mention that I am taking online classes full time, while mothering (and everything else) is
“How in the world do you do that!?”
Here are the tips that I have to remember on a daily basis that allow me to be a student-mama and everything else too:
- Remember WHY you’re in school. Having a positive goal to look forward to makes things so much more fun
- Plan ahead, and prioritize assignments and daily tasks
- Know when your best reading/writing times are
- Utilize a tablet (or buy your book in print form) so you’re not always at the computer
- watch deadlines like a hawk
- work ahead if you can
- Give yourself a break. You’re not perfect, and you’re not gonna be.
With these thoughts in mind, a good routine for Joe, and Abbey loving life at preschool, I am able to be a full-time-mommy and a full-time-student.
Now, off to do some work on my Biology research paper before Joe wakes up from his nap!
What are your thoughts on working through college courses as a parent? Have you had any experience with online learning?
Share in the comments! I’d love to hear from you!