On a rainy afternoon this past week, I decided that I’d rather not have my Silly Bears running around the house like crazy hooligans.
I decided I’d rather have them run around clothing stores like crazy hooligans. So we went shopping.
And for less than $100, we have nearly completed Joseph and Abbey’s wardrobe necessities for the fall and winter, complementing the stash of fall and winter things I’ve already amassed. Most of the clothing that we already had for Fall and Winter was passed down to us by friends, and a for few of the pieces, I have been purchasing from thrift stores and speciality stores during big sales. I estimate that the kids’ entire two fall and winter wardrobes will cost a total of about $200 this year, give or take a bit.
So, what did we get for our $100 shopping trip?
Here’s $75 worth of loot from The Children’s Place.
We saved $34 here with sales and coupons.
- One pair of suede toddler boots
- One Pair of snow gloves
- Two pairs of stretchy girls’ jeggings
- One fun girl’s clearance top
- One navy blue girl’s clearance top
- Three button-up, fashion forward toddler shirts for Joseph
Next, we went to McDonalds for dinner and a romp in the play place. Yes, we are a natural parenting family and we eat McDonald’s on occasion. I even let them drink *gasp* chocolate milk (although I did sustain and contain an excruciating tantrum over the chocolate milk from Joseph 1)
See, we’re not hippies! We’re just like you! Anyway, I digress.
- A light fleece-lined wind/rain jacket for Abbey
- A Two Piece Snow Jacket for Abbey
- A cute little brown dress ($0.75!)
- A grey T-shirt for Joseph (super soft)
- A pair of cotton lined rain/winter pants for Joe
- A fashion-forward Old Navy button down ($0.45!)
- A Nike lightweight lined polyester jacket for Joseph for rainy days
- A pair of PJs for Joe that I forgot to photograph.
New, I wouldn’t have even gotten the 4T Two Piece Snow Jacket for what I paid for the whole lot at the thrift shop.
On a normal day at the S.A. Store, I would have paid $30 for all of this, but because all of them fell under the 50% discount, my total was $15.
So, for under $100, I got 3 jackets, 1 dress, 7 shirts, 3 pairs of pants, 1 pair of boots, and a pair of PJs.
I’m linking up with Jenn at The Purposeful Mom for her Thrifty Thursdays post this week.
Have you experienced any thrifty awesomeness this week?
If you find an idea for your family at Jenn’s site, won’t you come back here and let me know? I’d love to know what you tried!
What ideas do you have for being frugal and thrifty?